Sunday, April 8, 2007

Huntress (the reply to the Hunting)

I know you follow
dagger in your fist
You seek out vengeance
for a crime I did not commit
Place the blame in my hands
Dear one, Seek me out

Follow closely in the shadows
I hear your breath, as sure as if it were my own
Your feet fall like thunder on the ground
though in your mind you tread softly
I am a Huntress, Dear one
I know your scent

You shan't find me, Dear one
Not in my shadowed trees
For they are mine alone
Here I dwell in my solitude
I deserve not your vengeance
nor your hate nor spite

Your lover died not in vain
Your honor he was protecting
And I, his loyal ally
Fought by his side
Dear one, hunt me not
I am the Huntress
Yet I too have wings
to hold and envelope
those seeking truth and comfort

1 comment:

Alainaitae Ellyowen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.