Thursday, March 29, 2007

300

Ok so I saw 300 today finally. And it rocked. Sam and I took Chelc` to see it and she ABSOLUTELY loved. I am buying 2 copies when it comes out. one for me and one for her. It was masterfully written and shot. The part when he goes "MY queen, my wife, my love" I lost it. I mean his LAST thoughts were of her. Now I know that makes me a hopeless romantic all over again. But thats how I am. I would die for the right causes that I believed in, and go thinking of my love. Dying so that my love would have a brighter future. A better chance. Its beautiful to me.

That movie rocks.....and Chelc` and I can't wait for our first oppertunity to go "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and kick someone into a ravine or something...

Now I want to post my favorite poem ever published (thus far in my life...)

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,
I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!
and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death

Granted its not my favorite poem EVER...no another poet has calimed that honor with his beautiful words....I don't think you know it Sam...but I read it everyday. Because it too reitterates (sp?) what I mean to say about fighting for what you believe in, to the death if need be. And I believe in LOVE.

No comments: